ECOLOGY & HABITAT:
ARULENUS MIAE is founded in the Mindanao Island which is located in Philippine and in Davao. These species are also found in the rainforest mountainous habitats as well according to the consulted maps. In the tropical mountain rainforests, these species occupies high elevation of 700–1500m. Both in dry and rainy season, ARULENUS MIAE is active. The difference between dry and rainy season in Bukidnon and Davao is not great. This specie is mostly active in whole year. The species occur mostly to the areas with the temperature range of 22 °C to 28 °C. With this temperature range, the area is conquered by dense vegetation of grasses, trees and ferns and shrubs. ARULENUS MIAE climbs on lower trees and shrubs in the search of mosses. This has a capability to change its color according to the surroundings which causes difficulty to observe.
ARULENUS MIAE specie is having distinction of its other congeners by following characteristics. These are:
- Prozona is more or less smooth and slightly granulated.
- Having a one pair of spines between the length of metazoan and the pronotum.
- Hind femora are having the length/width ratio ~ 2.8–3: 1 and is more slender.
- Dorsal margin is smooth and continuous.
- Their body size is about 13mm.
- Body is having smooth tubercles and finely granulated.
- Generally, body color and Antennae is black.
- Head is having a black to dark brown coloration.
- Fore and mid femora is black and Hind femora is black to dark brown coloration with two yellowish tubercles of that are located on the distal diagonal ridges.
In the level of pronotum, head is located. From the level of compound eyes, the vertex Fastigium is located. Fastigium of vertex is having the narrow interior margins. Deep fossullae is present. In the vertex length, median carina of the vertex is present. Lateral carina is unnoticeable and weak. Supraocular lobes are also absent. Far below the compound eyes, median ocellus is located. Between the compound eyes, Lateral ocelli situated. In lateral view, frontal costa is not visible. Scutellum is narrow while scape and antennal grooves are wider.
Antennae consist of 13 segments.
1st segment is scape. 2nd pedicel, 3rd one is flagella segment, 4th to 8th are filiform and cylindrical, 9th one is sub apical segment which is slightly widened, 10th one is also sub apical segment which is strongly foliaceous and widened. 11th to 13th is reduced segments.
Fore femora of dorsal margin is compressed with one tooth. Mid femora of dorsal margin are undulate while hind femora is continuous with small tubercle. It is 2.8 times long and wide. There are two types of teeth:
Antigenicular teeth are larger than Genicular teeth but both are sharp and large.
Pronotum is covering the entire abdomen but not covering hind femora and abdominal apex. It has truncated anterior margin. On every elevated part of pronotum, Spines are positioned.